Tips for Taking Care of Your Hair During the Summer
Summer is the time to relax and have some fun! Everyone loves to go to the pool and beach. Spending time out in the beautiful hot sunny weather is just the thing to do. Unfortunately this can lead to hair damage. Here are some tips to help prevent damage to your hair as you are enjoying your summer.
• Wear a hat or scarf if you are going to be in the sun for a long time. If you do not want to wear anything on your head then apply leave in conditioner with sunscreen. If you forget to do this you can put regular sunscreen in your hair. You have to make sure you wash it with a deep cleansing shampoo when you get home.
• Limit the use of blow dryers, straighteners, and curling irons. These are all “hot “items. Your hair is already exposed to more heat than usual. You don’t want to add any more than necessary.If you do choose to use a “hot” item use some leave in conditioner before you use item.
• Shampooing can strip moisture from your hair. Try washing it less often. You can condition it every day. Hair chemicals can also take away moisture. Limit the use of bleach, color, relaxers, chemical straighteners, etc.
• Staying hydrated is important for your health and your hair! Drink plenty of water and have a balanced diet. Don’t cut fat and protein too much in your diet.Believe it or not it will show in your hair.
• Before going into the pool or ocean wet your hair. This will help decrease the absorption of the chlorinated and salty water. Rinse your hair when you get out of pool or ocean too. The effects of the chlorinated water are easier to prevent than to remove.
• When hair gets dry sometimes it can get very frizzy. If you are dealing with frizzy hair you can braid it, knot it, or put it in a bun to help contain frizzies. Putting conditioner on the frizzy areas and putting your hair up while you sleep will help moisturize the dry areas of your hair.
• Hair grows faster in the warmer weather. You should get your hair trimmed every 6 to 8 weeks. Your stylist can also suggest the best shampoo and conditioner for you to use to maintain moisture through the summer months.
I hope these suggestions will help you to have beautiful healthy hair all summer long!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Abbey_Strine