If you are looking to change the color of your natural hair, you need to make an educated choice as to which shade to choose. Not every color will work on every skin tone or with every eye color. There are also some colors that will not compliment certain natural hair colors. So, before you dye your hair, take a moment to read this article so you can make the right choice for you.
Generally speaking, when dying your hair, it’s best to stay within 2-3 shades of your natural hair color to avoid an abnormal look. Also, it is best to avoid going lighter than your skin tone, as doing this will make your hair appear unnatural.
If your skin has a pinkish hue to it, you should stick to ash tones and avoid golden blonde and red colors. If you have a pale hue to your skin, you are one of the lucky ones and can go with almost any color. But if you are white, avoid really dark colors as they will make you appear sickly. If you have a yellowish hue to your skin, you should go with a deep red or dark brown color and avoid yellow, orange and gold colors to prevent your hair and skin from being too much of a match for each other.
If you were blessed with brown, hazel or green eyes and you have a warm skin tone, you should choose a warm toned hair color such as red, dark gold or an auburn shade. If you were blessed with blue or grey eyes and fair skin, you should go with a cool toned hair color such as ash or light gold. Now with that being said, there are people in this world that have been blessed with fair skin and dark eyes or warm skin and blue eyes. If this is your case, you may find that your natural color is the best for you. It may be the only one that suits you just right.
When you are changing your color from light to dark, it’s relatively simple. Usually it will come out the color you’re expecting as long as you follow the instructions. When you are going from dark to light, however, there is the chance that you may end up with the same color that you started with. Some people may have to strip their hair of the natural color (this is called bleaching) before a dye can be applied. You usually run into this when your natural hair color is a very dark color.
When all is said and done, people assume that you can simply walk into the store and grab a box off the shelf that looks pretty, go home, put it on, and then shake your head like they do in the commercials, and you will instantly have hair that looks like they do. But unless you have a team of five hair stylists crammed in your purse, it isn’t going to happen that smoothly for you. It will require some work on your part, but the end result will be well worth the effort.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6284147
Summer is the time to relax and have some fun! Everyone loves to go to the pool and beach. Spending time out in the beautiful hot sunny weather is just the thing to do. Unfortunately this can lead to hair damage. Here are some tips to help prevent damage to your hair as you are enjoying your summer.
• Wear a hat or scarf if you are going to be in the sun for a long time. If you do not want to wear anything on your head then apply leave in conditioner with sunscreen. If you forget to do this you can put regular sunscreen in your hair. You have to make sure you wash it with a deep cleansing shampoo when you get home.
• Limit the use of blow dryers, straighteners, and curling irons. These are all “hot “items. Your hair is already exposed to more heat than usual. You don’t want to add any more than necessary.If you do choose to use a “hot” item use some leave in conditioner before you use item.
• Shampooing can strip moisture from your hair. Try washing it less often. You can condition it every day. Hair chemicals can also take away moisture. Limit the use of bleach, color, relaxers, chemical straighteners, etc.
• Staying hydrated is important for your health and your hair! Drink plenty of water and have a balanced diet. Don’t cut fat and protein too much in your diet.Believe it or not it will show in your hair.
• Before going into the pool or ocean wet your hair. This will help decrease the absorption of the chlorinated and salty water. Rinse your hair when you get out of pool or ocean too. The effects of the chlorinated water are easier to prevent than to remove.
• When hair gets dry sometimes it can get very frizzy. If you are dealing with frizzy hair you can braid it, knot it, or put it in a bun to help contain frizzies. Putting conditioner on the frizzy areas and putting your hair up while you sleep will help moisturize the dry areas of your hair.
• Hair grows faster in the warmer weather. You should get your hair trimmed every 6 to 8 weeks. Your stylist can also suggest the best shampoo and conditioner for you to use to maintain moisture through the summer months.
I hope these suggestions will help you to have beautiful healthy hair all summer long!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Abbey_Strine
If you want to spice up your look to keep up with this year’s hottest styles then you will want to check out these Black hairstyle trends for 2012. There are so many different looks that you can try that are both fashionable and will make you look hot and hip, so try one or all of these tricks out.
Sleek and Straight: As always, long and straight locks are among the favorite designs. This look is always at the top of the list because it looks fabulous and is easy to do now that there are straightening irons to help you out and weaves that are affordable and beautiful. This style is also very versatile and you can arrange your tresses anyway you like once they are straight. Look to Beyonce on this one because she looks go gorgeous with sleek locks.
Braids:You may think that braids are dead and out, but you would be wrong because the micro-braids are among the trends for 2012. Go for long and straight micro-braids that you can then arrange however you like. This will make your locks easy to manage and makes everyday activities (like getting ready in the morning) a breeze. There are many celebrities brining back this look such as Jada Pinkett-Smith and Alicia Keys.
Bangs: Bangs are in this year no matter what you hair texture is, and gets out number one vote for Black hairstyle trends for 2012. You can do whatever you want with your bangs and it will look fashionable and they work for every face shape. You can go with full bushy bangs for a sexy look, angular bangs for a modern look or side-swept bangs for the whimsical look. There are many celebrities sporting bangs this year with Tyra Banks leading the pack!
Short and Sporty: Everyone seems to agree that short hair is among the best Black hairstyle trends for 2012 and is sure to change up your look. There are many things you can do with a short look. You can go ultra short with a Pixie cut like Halie Berry and play with the colors or you can go with a vintage look, like a bob cut, like Rihanna to bring out your true diva.
These cuts are the favorite style trends for 2012, and chances are that you will see it everywhere. If you are a person that doesn’t like to look like everyone else then maybe you should stay away from these looks or try to switch them up with funky colors or asymmetrical angles.
Find the best products for Black hair – shampoos, moisturizing conditioners, and styling aids at HealthyHairPlus!
HealthyHairPlus is your online destination for the best products to moisturize dry hair, increase hair growth, and to strengthen brittle or damaged hair. Shop Now!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Timothy_B._Faber
Messy hair bun is one of the most popular hair styles of all time. Most women from teenager to adult are choosing this style in everywhere they go. There are many kinds of hair bun, but this time, it will be the messy bun show time.
Yes, sometimes everyone wants to look messy but still in style. And this style totally helps them because though it appears messy, women with this bun still look stunning, chic, and stylish. No doubt it becomes popular from generation to generation. The following is simple guides to make a messy hair bun.
1. Serum. For this type of bun, you need a serum such as Herbal Essences No More Frizz. But don’t use it too much and use it at the ends.
2. Brush. Take a brush and comb it back at the top. This is to make the top of your hair is teased backwards. Still with the brush, tease the sides of your hair. While with your hands, smooth your crown and spritz heavily with any hairspray. You need to continuously brushing your hair and smoothing it over with your hands.
3. After that, gather your hair with both hands. Make it as a high ponytail, and smoothing out the bumps carefully while moving your hair up your crown. You can do this by flipping your hair upside down and gathering all your hair in one spot. For this case, using a paddle brush is really helpful.
4. Secure the bun that you have made. You can do this by tying your elastic around the center of the circle or wrap your elastic twice around your hair then pull your ponytail half-way through the elastic.
5. Now you need to emphasize your hairstyle by doing several steps like running your fingers through the front of your hair to loosen it from the elastic and add texture. Or you can slide in a thin black headband two inches back from your hairline, and slide in a second thin black headband three inches behind the first one.
6. Hairspray. For the final touch, mist your entire head with hairspray. It will make your messy bun stays longer.
Simple and easy. You will get a totally chick and stylish look for any occasions and time. Plus, it is a great joy and fun when doing this experiment.
Messy Hair Bun is the perfect choice for any occasion. Visit the website Hair Style to know more about beautiful hair bun.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5061999
Wearing your medium length hair in an updo is a fun way to change your look. Updos are great for special occasions, weddings and parties. They lend an elegance and panache to any outfit, and will make you feel special. Medium length hair is long enough to sweep up and will look lovely in any number of updo styles.
French twists are a classic look that works well with medium length hair. French twists are elegant, classic and always in style. Wearing a French twist is an easy, hassle free hairstyle that you can accessorize with clips or flowers to add an extra flair.
Chignons are another great choice for medium length hair. Chignons involve folding the hair and securing it at the nape of the neck. Chignons are sleek and look polished no matter what you are wearing.
Braids also look beautiful in medium length hair, and can add a playful sophistication to your look. For the best results, braid your hair from the temple to the ear, and then secure the hair into a low bun or chignon. This provides a timeless and romantic look that is appropriate for all ages.
A half up, half down updo is also an easy style for medium length hair. To achieve this look, curl your hair and then pull half of the hair back from the temples up to the crown. This provides a soft, casual style. Wearing your hair half up and half down is a terrific way to incorporate barrettes, clips and other hair accessories into your look.
Buns are another popular style. They can be styled to convey either a sleek and polished look, or a loose and romantic look. Buns can be positioned above the nape, at the nape, below the nape, or off to either side depending on the look you desire. Curly or wavy buns worn with the hair lightly pulled back provide a soft, romantic look that is easy to style and wear. Hair pulled back tight with a sleek, straight hair bun will look classic and clean, and will help to show off your jewelry and neck beautifully.
Any of the above hairstyle ideas are a fun way to change your hair without having to cut or color it, and they can be easily undone if you do not like the result. Experiment with all kinds of different styles, and look in magazines for inspiration to create your own signature updo look. Have fun trying on new styles and enjoying the way they make you feel and look. If you are having trouble with the mechanics of your updo, consult your hairdresser. She will be able to give you pointers, tricks and tips to make doing your hair easy and hassle free. She will also be able to recommend products designed to hold and add volume to your hair.
No matter what style you choose, medium length hair looks terrific when it is swept up. Wearing your medium length hair off your face and shoulders will help you stand out and polish your look. All you need is a few bobby pins, elastic bands, curling irons, combs and brushes. With little time and effort, your medium length hair will simply look fantastic.
Create the perfect updo for any special occasion – your wedding, prom, formal event or homecoming ball. Instructions on how to make the most of your hair whether it’s curly, short, long or straight. For more articles and unique content for your own website from updoprincess.com, please contact us.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6113913