Your dream wedding is planned; now all you need is the perfect wedding hairstyle. Finding the perfect wedding hairstyle might seem as simple as showing up for a hair appointment, but it’ll take a little bit more than that. Here are five secrets to finding the perfect wedding updo:
1) Have your veil picked out first. This might sound like a no-brainer, but you want to know what your veil will look like before you choose a wedding hairstyle. If you’re hoping for an elaborate wedding updo, you won’t want a very long veil.
2) Browse for images of wedding updos. To get an idea of what wedding hairstyle you might like, look through bridal websites, bridal magazines, and fashion magazines for pictures of wedding updos. Local wedding hair stylists and makeup artists often post online portfolios of their previous work, which gives you an idea of what you might want to do with your hair. Consult with friends who were recently married and ask to see their wedding photos. Collect images of the hairstyles that you like so that you can bring them
to the salon with you.
3) Consider the shape of your face. On your special day, you are going to want to create a look that is 100% flattering to your face. Certain hairstyles will accentuate your best features over other hairstyles. Make sure you pick a wedding updo that brings out the best features of your face.
4) Pick your wedding hair stylist. Select a hairstylist that has specific experience in styling for weddings. Most salons have a hair stylist who specializes in wedding updos. Check out their online portfolio and see what kind of styles they have come up with. You’ll also want to think about where you will want your makeup done on your wedding day. An ideal salon would be one that offers a wedding hair stylist and makeup artist.
5) Do a trial run of your wedding updo. Try out a few different looks at the salon before your actual wedding day hair appointment. You do not want your first encounter with your hair and makeup artist to be on the day of your wedding. It is best to do a trial run at least a month in advance so that you can see how your dream updo looks on you. You might find that the hairstyle you had in mind is not the most flattering. Your wedding hair stylist and makeup artist will work with you to find the look that is best for
you. The earlier you experiment, the better.