Date: November 3, 2011 Time: 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Event Description http://business.broomfieldchamber.com/Events/details/bling-women-s-only-annual-trade-show
Businesswomen Learning, Inspiring, Networking, Growing!
Listen to our guest speakers, enjoy our fashion show, shop at 40+ vendor booths for the holidays and for yourself, bid on silent auction items, wine tasting, pampering, door prizes, speed networking and much more!
FREE reusable BLING Bag to the first 150 attendees filled with goodies worth OVER $500 including items from:
- Flatiron Crossing
- Coldwater Creek
- Mary Kay Cosmetics
- Lakeshore Athletic Club
- Elements Therapeutic Massage
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Original Skin
- Ballet Nouveau
- Selestina’s Mexican Restaurant
- Bohme Boutique
- DD’s Pizza
- Abbott’s Frozen Custard
- Kay’s Kitchen
- Global Sound Studio
- AND MORE…
Fashion Show by
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Vendor Booths open from 2-6!
Speaker Erin Giardino of Coldwater Creek “Practical Packing”
Learn some tricks on how to pack for a week and stay for a month!
Fashion Show by Coldwater Creek with hair by Diane Kingsbeck of Sola Salon
See the latest fashion trends and hair styles
Come prepared with your elevator speech and plenty of business cards.
Sign up for when you check-in at the registration table the day of the event
CCCher Schuck of CS Designs “Rejuvenating Redo’s”
Learn quick fixes to reinvent your living space with before and after photos of remodeled rooms. Hear how to focus those precious design dollars on clever details and finishes to add high impact and style from an award winning local interior designer.
Our Event’s NON-PROFIT SPOTLIGHT
Part of the proceeds from our Silent Auction go towards
Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence
A human rights organization committed to ending violence against women,
youth and children through support, advocacy,education and community organizing.
Event Location The Gatehouse at Lionsgate Center
1055 S. 112th St.
Lafayette, CO 80026
view a map
Date/Time Information Thursday
The right hairstyle can instantly make a woman appear slimmer. If this is your goal, read on. The first thing you will need to do is to identify the shape of your face. Then, have fun experimenting with several styles until you find the perfect hairstyle that not only helps to slim your face, but one that fits your personality and lifestyle as well. Just like black clothes and other slimming style options can make a woman appear slimmer, the right hairstyle can also instantly give the illusion of a thinner you.
An oval shaped face narrows at the chin. A woman with an oval face has a forehead that is wider than her chin, and prominent cheekbones. If you are blessed with an oval face, you can wear almost any hairstyle. Wearing wispy bangs and one length hair is the most flattering way to slim and accentuate an oval face. If your eyes are your best feature, wear blunt bangs that hit at the eyebrow. This bang style will make your eyes pop. Hair accessories can also make a simple hairstyle pop and can make a woman appear slimmer, so pull your hair back and secure it with an ornate barrette or flower.
If you have a round face, you should choose a hairstyle with height at the crown. Wear your hair parted to the side, and layered close to the face. The hair height and layering will help to slim your round face. Make sure to keep your hair past chin length when layering. Also, cut the layers so that they slightly fall on or around the front of your face and neck area, as this will make your face appear slimmer. Wear wispy bangs because straight, blunt bangs can add pounds to a round face.
A heart shaped face has fullness in the cheek area. Wearing curly or wavy hair that is shoulder length is the perfect hairstyle choice to thin and soften the width of a heart shaped face. A high ponytail with wisps will give the illusion of a longer, slim face. Adding volumizing products to your hair will help as well. Once the products are in your hair, add curls by using hot rollers. After the curlers are removed, gently brush your hair so that the loose, wavy curls gently fall around your face and neckline to give the illusion of a thinner you.
Finally, a square face is characterized by a strong jawline and sharp angles. If you are a woman that has a square face, avoid straight hair at all costs, as this will add pounds to your face. Instead, slim your face by parting your hair on the side. Keep your hair shoulder length, and add curls and volume to your hair in order to soften the angles and slim your face even more. Style your hair so that there is volume as well as height at the crown. A high, curly ponytail or bun would be the perfect slimming hairstyle choice for a square face. If you have a square face and you like to wear your hair pulled back, leave some wisps around the face. This will beautifully frame you face, while making you appear slimmer.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6514812
Your dream wedding is planned; now all you need is the perfect wedding hairstyle. Finding the perfect wedding hairstyle might seem as simple as showing up for a hair appointment, but it’ll take a little bit more than that. Here are five secrets to finding the perfect wedding updo:
1) Have your veil picked out first. This might sound like a no-brainer, but you want to know what your veil will look like before you choose a wedding hairstyle. If you’re hoping for an elaborate wedding updo, you won’t want a very long veil.
2) Browse for images of wedding updos. To get an idea of what wedding hairstyle you might like, look through bridal websites, bridal magazines, and fashion magazines for pictures of wedding updos. Local wedding hair stylists and makeup artists often post online portfolios of their previous work, which gives you an idea of what you might want to do with your hair. Consult with friends who were recently married and ask to see their wedding photos. Collect images of the hairstyles that you like so that you can bring them
to the salon with you.
3) Consider the shape of your face. On your special day, you are going to want to create a look that is 100% flattering to your face. Certain hairstyles will accentuate your best features over other hairstyles. Make sure you pick a wedding updo that brings out the best features of your face.
4) Pick your wedding hair stylist. Select a hairstylist that has specific experience in styling for weddings. Most salons have a hair stylist who specializes in wedding updos. Check out their online portfolio and see what kind of styles they have come up with. You’ll also want to think about where you will want your makeup done on your wedding day. An ideal salon would be one that offers a wedding hair stylist and makeup artist.
5) Do a trial run of your wedding updo. Try out a few different looks at the salon before your actual wedding day hair appointment. You do not want your first encounter with your hair and makeup artist to be on the day of your wedding. It is best to do a trial run at least a month in advance so that you can see how your dream updo looks on you. You might find that the hairstyle you had in mind is not the most flattering. Your wedding hair stylist and makeup artist will work with you to find the look that is best for
you. The earlier you experiment, the better.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5615723
Finding the perfect bridal hair stylist for your big day is an important part of your wedding planning.
You may already have a hairdresser that you know and trust, but they may not be experienced at wedding styling or be available on the date of your wedding. If you are getting married a reasonable distance from your regular salon, or want a particular type of wedding hair style that goes beyond of what your usual stylist can do, you are best served by finding a specialist wedding stylist.
A wedding stylist will usually travel to you, making the day easier, as well as performing a trial so that you know exactly how your hair is going to look. They will have plenty of experience with wedding updos, as well as other wedding hairstyles whether you have long, short or medium hair.
Give yourself plenty of time to find a stylist, as they can be booked months in advance and you want to give yourself plenty of time to have a trial.
Many brides also will need their wedding party; the mother of the bride, flower girls and perhaps even the groom and his groomsmen to get their hair done. In this case the stylist will need to have a team of people to work with. Your bridal hair stylist will usually also have a makeup artist that they can use if you want to book your hair and makeup all together.
For your hair trial make sure you have plenty of pictures of the wedding hairstyles you are considering, and if you plan on wearing wedding hair jewellery you will preferably already have bought it for your stylist to try out.
A stunning hairstyle is obviously the result that you are looking for, but a good rapport with your bridal hair stylist is also important. You will know who you feel comfortable with on a personal level as well as being happy with the result of the trial.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5899741